Moms, Dads, Grandparents…
Be a Part of Our Caring Cottonwood Community by…
HAVING FUN AT RECESS!!!!
WHAT IS PEACEFUL PLAYGROUNDS?
Peaceful Playgrounds (PP) provides organized, purposeful activities for children grades K-5 during recess.
In addition to field games, PP offers foursquare, hopscotch, bean bag toss, and more!
The program is designed to:
- Provide the structure and adult support many kids need to comfortably join a game
- Promote teamwork, tolerance, cooperation and inclusiveness
- Offer opportunities for ALL children to learn and participate in recess games
What do I get to do as a Peaceful Playground Volunteer?
- Attend a 45-minute orientation/training
- Select a minimum of ONE day each month (once a week or twice a month if possible) to be a PP volunteer during lunch recess for one or more grades (shifts are 20-25 minutes).
- Have fun on the playground! We are not there to enforce rules but to teach games, support peer interaction and encourage participation & problem-solving.
KG: 12:15 (Lunch prior to recess at 11:50)
1st: 12:15 (Lunch after recess at 12:40)
2nd: 1:05 (Lunch after recess at 1:25)
3rd: 1:25 (Lunch prior to recess at 1:05)
4th: 11:50 (Lunch prior to recess at 11:25)
5th: 12:40 (Lunch prior to recess at 12:15)
Feel free to join your child for lunch on your Peaceful Playground days!
Peaceful Playgrounds Coordinators
Cher Serhal – firstname.lastname@example.org
Winnie Chang – email@example.com